TODAY is Mother’s Day. It is that special day of the year when we pay tribute to billions of women worldwide who, in bringing forth new life, risked their own; courageous women who have, within their powers, shielded us from harm in our young and carefree years. They are the women who instilled values that have helped shape our positive attitudes toward life, and by which many of us live today; women who in traditional communities, still sacrifice potential careers to care for their children and their households; and women in modern community settings who perform the triple role of breadwinners, managers of their households, and their children’s first mentors about life and morals.
The earliest celebration of Mother’s Day dates back to the annual spring festival which the ancient Greeks dedicated to Rhea, the mother of many deities, and to the offerings ancient Romans made to Cybele, their Great Mother of Gods. Early Christians celebrated a Mother’s Day of sorts during a festival held on the fourth Sunday of Lent in honor of Mary, the mother of Christ. But the modern-day idea of Mother’s Day started in 1905, when Anna Jarvis campaigned and lobbied the officials of that time to designate a day to memorialize the life work of all mothers. However, it was not until May 8, 1914, that her efforts paid off when President Woodrow Wilson signed a Joint Resolution designating the second Sunday of May as Mother’s Day – a tradition carried on to this day.
Immeasurable is the love and care that mothers give. Their influence in our life transcends our childhood and puberty years. Our national hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal, recognized this. It is no wonder why Filipinos regard their mothers fondly as the "ilaw ng tahanan" (light of the home), because of the wisdom, values, and moral guidance they provide to their children.
As we observe Mother’s Day today, let us accord our mothers time off from house work, bring them to a movie or a restaurant, buy them something they have always wanted and needed but had to put off buying in favor of our needs. In whatever manner we choose to convey our greetings to our mothers today, let us not forget to give them the warmest hug – which is still the best way to make them feel how much they are loved and appreciated.
Happy Mother’s Day to all Moms!
0 comments to "Happy Mother's Day Mums!!!"
Central Blog's Fan Box
- ► 2010 (160)
- ► 2009 (362)
- Dina - Sejauh Ini mp3
- Lagu Zapin - Bunga Hutan.mp3
- Bawaku Terbang-Fabolous Cat
- Bau - Warkah OST Sindarela.mp3
- Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
- Misha Omar - Jawapanmu Mp3
- BAJU T-SHIRT MP3CENTRAL
- Mp3 Konsert Akhir AF6
- Britney Spears - Break The Ice
- Zaf & Lah VE - Aku Bukan Untukmu.mp3
- Hujan - Aku Scandal.mp3
- Hazami - Kiblatku.mp3
- Ketahuan-Uut Permatasari
- Matta Band-Jatuh Cinta Lagi (Playboy)
- One Buck Short - Khayalan Masa
- Faizal Tahir - Aku Punya Kamu
- Hujan - Ku Mahu Kau Tahu.mp3
- 6ixth Sense - Tanpa.mp3
- 6ixth Sense - Dari Hati.mp3
- Flava - Kenapa Singgah Kalau Tak Masuk(OST Duyung)...
- Hujan - Ku Mahu Kau Tahu.mp3
- Mariah Carey - Bye Bye.mp3
- Diddy - Saat.mp3
- Jordin Sparks Ft.Chris Brown - No Air.mp3
- Soulja Boy - Crank That (Travis Barker Remix).mp3
- Janet Jackson - Feedback.mp3
- Lil Wayne - Lollipop.mp3
- Daughtry - Feels Like Tonight.mp3
- Snoop Dogg - Sensual Seduction (Clean).mp3
- Madonna Feat Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - 4 Min...
- Mariah Carey - Touch My Body.mp3
- Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya).mp3
- Rihanna - Take A Bow .mp3
- Usher ft. Young Jeezy - Make Love In This Club.mp3...
- Malique - Assalamualaikum.mp3
- Altimet feat Mawar Berduri - Sayang Sayang.mp3
- Sara Bareilles - Love Song.mp3
- Colbie Cailat - Realize.mp3
- Beyonce - One Night Only (Dream Girls OST).mp3
- Yellowcard - Light Up The Sky.mp3
- Jimmy Eat World - Be Sensible.mp3
- Angels and Airwaves - Secret Crowds.mp3
- Nikki dan Ebi AF5 - Romeo + Juliet
- Mandy Moore - Only Hope
- David Archuleta's version of LONGER
- May-Hatiku Kekal Padamu.mp3
- D'Masiv - Cinta Ini Membunuhku.mp3
- Sonar - Cuma Dia
- Adam Sandler - Gay Robot mp3
- Opick - Taubat.mp3
- 1000 Tahun - Butterfingers
- Nidji - Arti Sahabat
- judika - bukan untuk dimengerti
- The Lima - Buronan Cinta
- Happy Mother's Day Mums!!!
- boyz II men - a song for mama
- Hannah Montana - Make Some Noise:
- Aliff OIAM - Kau Pergi Kerana Suka
- OST Ayat Ayat Cinta
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love.mp3
- Hillary Duff - Someone's Watching Over Me
- Agnes Monica - Matahari
- Mandy Moore - Umberella
- Anugerah AIM15 mp3
- Andra and Backbone - Sempurna OST Love (Male Versi...
- Bob AF2 - Pengalaman Cinta
- Santana ft Chad Kroeger - Into The Night
- Meet Uncle Hussain - Halusinasi
- Shima (ost Drama Bella Tv3) - Asmara Metropilitan
- Mulan Jameela - Makhluk Tuhan Paling Seksi
- Amylea Azizan - Aku Sindarela (OST Sindarela)
- ▼ May (72)
- ► 2007 (1531)